With an exciting story that moves from 1980 as a Gulf seafood restaurant in Katy, Texas, all the way to a thriving company with globally recognized restaurant, hospitality and entertainment brands, Fertitta Entertainment has dazzled the business world.
Our group’s unstoppable momentum has helped us rise through the ranks of our competitors as Fertitta Entertainment’s brands sprang to life all over the map. With its multiple-concept approach, Fertitta Entertainment appeals to customers of all ages, backgrounds, income brackets and interests.
We believe in a hands-on approach focused on service, quality and profitability. Fertitta Entertainment’s staff is a winning team committed to high standards, which they achieve through good organization and communication. Guest service is ingrained in our culture – “If you are not serving a customer, you should be serving someone who is.” The primary goal of our Corporate employees is to support our valuable team members, allowing them to focus on serving our guests.
Fertitta Entertainment seeks to set industry standards, not follow them. This has been a constant throughout the years, and our vision is as clear and bold as ever. We are committed to our employees, the environment and believe in the importance of giving back to the community by devoting a substantial amount of time to civic service and charitable organizations.
The Fertitta Entertainment culture motivates employees to achieve their full potential. They're challenged to improve through leadership, focus, intensity and persistence — and to create a work environment of pride, honesty, integrity and loyalty. Innovative training programs designed to strengthen the Company's management foundation also encourage employees toward career growth.
With a strong foundation of unforgettable experiences in dining and gaming at the best entertainment destinations around, the potential for Fertitta Entertainment growth continues to remain off the charts. We believe the success of our group’s business in different arenas demonstrates that our group is the authority for the dining, entertainment, gaming and hospitality industries.
With devoted leadership, a creative team and endless possibilities, the company has a clear direction for the future. Every day, new guests experience a Fertitta Entertainment concept for the first time. With new locations and concepts opening every year, the Fertitta Entertainment story is a story of growth and a bright future. We believe in a hands-on approach focused on service, quality and profitability. Fertitta Entertainment's staff is a winning team committed to high standards, which they achieve through good organization and communication. Everyone here embraces a clearly understood goal: to exceed expectations.
- Employee Relations We strive to ensure positive and collaborative employee relations through our Respect in the Workplace Standards and Open-Door Policy. Mutual respect and straightforward communication throughout the Company is key to the Company’s continued success. We believe that direct and open communication between employees and their supervisors creates a positive work environment. Our Open-Door policy encourages employees to ask questions, make suggestions and express concerns throughout all levels of the organization without fear of reprisal. To provide employees multiple avenues to voice their questions and concerns to the Company, we have a toll-free Employee Hotline allowing employees to speak directly with Human Resources. Employees can also complete an Employee Communication Form on our online Employee Portal or submit an email to EERelations@ldry.com. All employee communications are reviewed, shared with applicable management, and acted on appropriately.
The Fertitta Entertainment culture motivates employees to achieve their full potential, where they are challenged to improve through leadership, focus, intensity and persistence — and to create a work environment of pride, honesty, integrity and loyalty. Innovative training programs designed to strengthen the Company's management foundation also encourage employees toward career growth. We pride ourselves on developing, valuing and caring for our employees, which is conveyed in our guests’ experience, bringing them back again and again.
The Company recognizes and rewards stellar employee performance through our Landry's Four Diamond Award Program as well as our 110% Customer Service Culture awards.
- Culture, Diversity, Inclusion Our Be FAIR initiative encourages all employees to work together in a positive, professional and inclusive work environment.
Friendly – being kind and pleasant to your supervisors, co-workers, subordinates and guests.
Accommodating – being helpful and providing assistance to enhance the experience of all of our guests and co-workers. This includes being adaptable to our guests who may have disabilities that could otherwise hinder their experience while visiting us.
Inclusive – making co-workers and guests feel welcomed and important.
Respectful – remember the Golden Rule and always treat others as you would like to be treated.
To further our Be FAIR principles and to promote diversity and inclusion, managers complete training on identifying and eliminating bias, enforcing our zero-tolerance for discrimination and harassment and promoting fair and equitable hiring.
- Employee Relief Fund
The Employee Relief Fund provides assistance to employees during unanticipated and unavoidable financial hardships and emergencies. The Fund is managed by a committee representing diverse staff ensuring that Funds are directed toward those most in need. The Fund has distributed millions of dollars to staff in response to hurricanes and other natural disasters, including Covid 19.
- Employee Development
We consider our employees to be our greatest asset and strongly encourage internal growth and always strive to promote from within. The key to success in our Company is our unrelenting commitment to customer satisfaction, which begins with the development of our employees through training and advancement opportunities. We are proud to offer a variety of developmental programs and growth opportunities to assist in the career growth of our valued employees. The Supervisor and Management Growth Programs are designed to train, develop and teach employees the various roles and responsibilities of our management teams and train on the job for a management position with the Company.
- Employee Wellness
Our employees’ wellbeing is of the upmost importance. To assist employees, live better lives as well as attract and retain, we offer our ReNEW Program, which encourages employees to renew themselves through Nutrition, Exercise, and Wellness. In addition to our on-site fitness facility at the main office, we offer healthy meals in the cafeteria, on-site yoga classes, health fairs and lunch and learns. Health fairs and incentives inspire participation in preventive care and wellbeing activities. In addition to traditional benefit offerings, all employees have access to our Employee Assistance Program, discounts on various products and our Fertitta Entertainment Employee Discount Program where employees can dine for 50% off with their family at most of our restaurant locations, purchase retail at a discount and access discounted rooms at our hotels and casinos.
- Responsible Gaming
The Golden Nugget Casino believes gaming should be handled responsibly. Our Responsible Gaming program extends to many aspects of our company’s operation. It is a topic, employees from every department, are taught on their first day on the job, and reminded regularly through classroom instruction and internal communications. It is important to be able to identify problem gambling and know where help is available. The concept of Responsible Gaming is readily available to guests by communications posted throughout the casino.
Gamble to escape worry?
Gamble to get money to solve financial difficulties.
Feel unable to stop playing regardless of winning or losing?
Often gamble until your last dollar is gone?
Sometimes neglect your family because of gambling?
If you think you, or someone you know, may have a gaming problem, the 24-hour Problem Gambling Helpline can help. All calls are confidential.
National Council on Problem Gaming
Self-Exclusion Program and Additional Help
If you or someone you know decides they have a problem or have become a compulsive gambler, the self-exclusion program allows problem gamblers to exclude themselves from casino gaming activities. For more information regarding self-exclusion programs or additional help in your area, please visit one the locations below.
Golden Nugget Last Vegas
Golden Nugget Atlantic City
Golden Nugget Lake Charles
Golden Nugget Biloxi
Golden Nugget Laughlin
Fertitta Entertainment is committed to sustainability and environmentally friendly practices across many of our restaurant, hospitality and entertainment platforms around the world.
In all our operations we focus on recycling to reduce waste, water and energy conservation and remain alert on climate risks. We use chemicals that are environmentally safe (i.e., Chlorine Dioxide). The use of Chlorine Dioxide helps us to eliminate the wide-spread use of bleach and other chemical disinfectants and deodorizers that are harmful to the environment. Over the last several years all of our properties have reduced the use of over a third of these environmentally hazardous chemicals.
The use of suppliers who conform to the highest standards in Animal Welfare Practices are of the utmost importance in our restaurants’ operations. We make it a priority to work with suppliers who uphold the industry’s highest standards.
Our restaurant division’s environmental responsibility practices are steadfast. Across both the wild and aqua-cultured supply chains we rely on our supply chain partners to engage sustainable practices in their areas of expertise. Many of our wild and aquaculture supply chains have already obtained certification by verified third party organizations recognized globally. In other areas where our supply chain partners are not certified, our vendors have created; FIP's (Fishery Improvement Projects), AIP's (Aquaculture Improvement Projects), Restoration Projects, and in some cases simply declaring "Best Practices”. We support all sustainability efforts, rather than declare one certification or guidance which can limit our supply chain. We simply request that our supply chain partners work towards sustainability with a globally recognized and verified third party organization.
We strive to provide sustainable seafood from commercial farm facilities that work to protect our precious natural resources. We look to suppliers who adhere to the best practices in animal care covering all areas of live production and processing. Their policies and procedures are based on The Five Freedoms, an internationally recognized standard for animal husbandry, and reviewed annually by fully accredited and licensed staff Veterinarians. Additionally, all our chicken suppliers meet or exceed National Chicken Council (NCC) Animal Welfare Guidelines. These science-based standards compiled by the industry’s leading scientists and veterinarians evaluate animal welfare and proper treatment during every phase of the chicken’s life. These suppliers also follow the NCC’s guidelines for stocking density which allows all birds’ access to feeders and drinkers and is determined by target market weight at the end of the flock. Their processing facilities operate under USDA inspection utilizing HACCP, GMP and SSOP programs and embrace the NCC guidelines for animal welfare.
We partner with local fishermen including:
- Bycatch, a fish caught unintentionally while targeting a different species and is typically thrown away, wasting approximately two billion pounds of seafood a year. Our seafood restaurants save this bycatch and often serve it as the chef’s daily feature.
- Lionfish, which are known to be invasive, destructive, and lucky for us, delicious. When available, our expert chefs serve this sub-tropical species in our restaurants to help reduce the threat that Lionfish have on the sustainability of coral reef-marine life.
- Open Blue Cobia that is raised in the open ocean using an advanced, ecological-safe Mariculture system and is sustainably raised in their natural habitat.
- Sixty South Pure Antarctic Salmon raised in the rare and pristine, icy cold waters of the Antarctic. This extreme south location provides sustainable conditions for raising antibiotic free salmon at the highest standards.
- Seasonal Hawaiian seafood that is sustainably caught from the deep waters of the Pacific Ocean and overnighted from the Honolulu Fish Auction.
- Partnering with Houston Bayou Restoration to where our Kemah Boardwalk restaurants have collected over two tons of oyster shells which are then cured and used to build Super Oyster Reefs and ultimately become outstanding sources for future generations of oysters.
We also partner with many environmentally friendly farmers who use zero chemicals and grow all-natural produce, Farm-to-table honey that harvests their honey from bee to bottle and Ranches who provides organic heritage pigs that are fed a healthy and hormone-free diet of whole grains, vegetables, maple syrup and even red wine - just to name a few.
Our hospitality divisions participate in go-green initiatives including our “Conserve to Preserve” program focusing on saving thousands of gallons of water and energy annually by changing out the hotel bedding every few days or after checkout instead of daily. The program also encourages guests to reuse their towels by hanging them up, only towels left on the ground are replenished. We also encourage recycling of paper and cardboard, saving paper anywhere we can by printing less phone books throughout the hotels. Also, as part of our continuing efforts to preserve our natural resources, phone books are available upon request. Additionally, at all our properties, we process and recycle tremendous amounts of cardboard packaging daily.
In addition to being an industry leader in the operation of restaurant, hospitality and gaming businesses, the company is also one of the largest developers of restaurant, hospitality and gaming properties. From the infancy of our company, we have always strived to be good stewards of the environment. Our first restaurants were rehabilitations of old buildings that resulted in salvage of many of the building basics components along with installation of the modern technology in the mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems resulting in a much more energy efficient building. Several of our restaurant concepts use recycled building materials reclaimed from demolition projects to provide unique interiors. Legacy operating facilities are updated with energy efficient LED lighting, energy efficient cooking equipment and modern, low water consumption plumbing fixtures. New projects incorporate environmentally friendly technology in storm water detention, building techniques, and MEP systems. The kitchen facilities in our projects use the latest technology in sewer system maintenance as well as cooking oil recycling equipment. Our properties provide a large percentage of greenspace where possible to mitigate water run-off. In arid environments, the company employs xeriscaping techniques to minimize irrigation needs. Our hotel properties incorporate energy management systems and lighting controls for energy efficiency in the guest rooms, meeting space and public spaces.
Through the development and operation of our Aquarium and Rainforest Café facilities, the company stewards animal welfare practices across the industry and we strive to only work with those suppliers who understand the importance of proper handling of these animals. All of our live animal exhibits are supported by equipment that is energy efficient (Variable Flow Pumps, and LED lights). Our Life Support systems are designed to prioritize water use management through water reclamation and retention. Even our live animal acquisition suppliers are through vendors collection techniques that are internationally reviewed and approved by The American Humane Organization. When available, we acquire exhibit animals that are captive bred to limit our impact on the wild populations.
Additional and ongoing efforts toward Environmentally Friendly and Sustainable Development and Operation include:
- Properties utilize compostable/disposable cups, plates, & clam-shell containers used for carry-out foods.
- Golden Nugget Las Vegas utilizes a company that disposes of florescent bulbs properly so that they do not end up in landfills and Golden Nugget Laughlin is currently taking bids for the installation of solar panels.
Outside of the restaurant, hotel, gaming and development divisions, we support numerous conservation projects with monetary donations as well as assisting in research, writing curriculum and developing educational programs that fund wildlife alliances, ocean and saltwater restoration projects.
A few of these examples include:
- We have supported shark research projects with OCEARCH, which also includes our help in writing curriculum for Discovery Education, a global project that reaches over 30 million children in 200 countries.
- Providing building materials and supplies every year for WILDLIFE ALLIANCE including building a ranger station, and an animal rescue hospital in Cambodia to help stem the illegal wildlife trade. In 2014, the ranger station was internationally credited with over 200 arrests.
- Working with The Ocean Project for the past 10 years developing cutting edge communication programs that share valuable research, specifically ocean and climatic conservation practices, with zoos, aquariums, and museums around the world.
- Providing financial support World Parrot Trust to support the sustainability of parrots; The Colorado Raptor Center which provides materials and supplies in the rehab efforts of Raptors.
- Long term members, and full accreditation of both the AZA (Association of Zoos and Aquariums) and AZZ (Zoological Association of America, and American Humane Society Within the Animal Habitat Department and other Environmental practices.
- We frequently conduct risk assessments on climate change with regard to flooding in Nashville and Houston. Our Hurricane, Tornado and Flood procedures/drills are very extensive for all properties - that can potentially be affected by these events.
- We look to exceed benchmarks in industry standard as it pertains to greenhouse gas emissions and carbon. Part of our plans are to decrease the above stream and below stream impacts.
- Salt water is regulated and discharged in accordance with our permits. In addition – Denver we discharge freshwater from aquariums into a marsh area that was developed just for this purpose.
- LED lights conversion at all aquarium properties has a significant impact on our carbon footprint and have decreased our electric bills by 50% at all aquarium facilities.
- We implemented a program in reducing the use of water at our Aquariums. We replaced the sand in our filters with recycled glass and plastics, reducing backwashing time and saves water and additionally reduces chemical use.
- Additionally, we did this in GNLV pool last year utilizing new technology designed to decreased water use – increased water quality – and reduced the use of harmful chemicals we were using to treat the water. Keeping the systems cleaner and healthier for our guests. This both saved $ and helps the environment.
- The use of Chlorine Dioxide has proven to be more effective in cleaning and disinfecting our work areas. It is rated by the EPA as the #1 disinfectant/sterilizing agent. It is less expensive and more effective. We use it in many of our restaurants to clean drains and kill bacteria that causes odors. The primary environmental issue is that we no longer use a plethora of other environmentally unsafe chemicals that just masked odors. We use bleach less (environmentally harmful), and more dangerous to our guests and staff.
We Believe In Our Communities
Fertitta Entertainment believes in the importance of giving back to the community and devotes a substantial amount of time to civic service and charitable organizations. Fertitta himself serves as Chairman of the Board – Houston Police Foundation, Chairman of the Board - Houston Children’s Charity and is currently serving his sixth year as Chairman of the Board of Regents - University of Houston. He is on the Executive Committee of the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, which is one of the nation's largest charitable organizations.
Fertitta Entertainment is proud of the spirit of community and volunteerism of our staff and encourages employees to continue to engage in charitable and civic projects in the communities in which we live and operate via the Landry’s League. Through Landry’s League, we have established policies and procedures to facilitate volunteer events affiliated with the Company Volunteer opportunities that are presented and open to all employees to participate.
Additionally, we donate to 501c (3) charities that benefit the local communities of our restaurants, hotel & entertainment locations. Donations are made in the form of a Complimentary Dinner and Drink card for $25.